Last updated: August 30, 2021
- Types of Information We Collect
We may collect both “Personal Information” and “Anonymous Information” about you when you use the Website, App and/or Service. Personal Information is information that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your full name, email address, phone number, payment method and profile picture, as well as information that is linked to such information. “Anonymous Information” is information that cannot be used to contact or identify you and is not linked to information that can be used to do so. It includes passively collected information about your activities on the Service, such as usage data, to the extent that information is not linked to your Personal Information.
You can access and browse certain portions of the Website and download the App without disclosing your Personal Information, although, like most website and mobile app providers, we passively collect certain information from your devices, such as your IP address, browser information, unique device identifier (“UDID”) and/or your mobile operating system. Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this will limit the features of the Service you can access and use. In order to utilize the Service, you must register with Wingmen through the App. Anyone who registers with Wingmen as a customer or driver is a user (“User”).
- Voluntarily submitted information
We collect information that you provide to us during your use of the Website, App and/or Service, such as:
- Personal Information that you enter when registering for Wingmen services, including your full name, email address, password, phone number, payment method, billing information, profile information, and related security information used for authentication and account access.
- Personal identification documents such as license data, DMV license data, and social security numbers.
- Communications with us or with other Users the Service.
- Information you provide in your profile preferences, to customer support services or that you post on any forums or message boards.
- Information collected through use of the Service
- Location data: If you access the Service through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include the GPS coordinates or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
- Contacts: We may access your address book or contacts if you provide us with your permission to do so through the “prompt” message we will send to you at the time of your registration.
- Transaction data: We collect information created during your various interactions with the Service, including the date and time of your use of the Services.
- Information collected via technology
- In connection with your use of the Service, we may receive your call data, including the date and time of calls and SMS messages, the parties’ phone numbers and the content of SMS messages that relate to your use of the Services. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s Bluetooth, camera, push notifications, and other features.
- If you log in to our Service with social media credentials (e.g., Facebook or Twitter log-in), your Personal Information may be provided to us by such social media site.
- If you choose to link your Wingmen account with a third party payment provider (e.g., Google Wallet), your Personal Information may be provided to us by such payment provider.
- Information provided by others
- We may collect information that Users provide about one another, including via ratings and postings on forums or message boards, as applicable.
- How We Use Your Information
- Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Register and administer your account.
- Provide and maintain the Service, including sending new product, service or new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Facilitate communications between Users and/or Users and Wingmen.
- Offer User customer support and diagnose technical and service problems.
- Send communications and administrative emails about the Service and reply to your inquiries.
- Provide you with promotional and advertisement materials, which may be based on your prior activity.
- Personalize and tailor the features, performance and support of the Website, App and Service.
- Send you promotional/marketing information, newsletters, offers or other information from us or on behalf of our sponsors or partners.
- Offer you participation in special events, programs, surveys and market research.
- Provide you with opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest to you.
- Improve existing and develop new products and services and requested feedback.
- Improve the quality and safety of the Website, App and Service and perform internal operations.
- Analyze, benchmark and conduct research on User data and interactions with the Service.
- Perform accounting, auditing and other corporate procedures.
- We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- Prevent and identify fraud and other unlawful activity.
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
- Anonymous Information
We may use Anonymous Information for the following purposes:
- Improve the Website, App and Service and customize your experience, such as by providing targeted useful features and promotions based on the type of services you seek.
- Aggregate the information collected via Cookies and similar technologies to use in statistical analysis to help us track trends, evaluate the effectiveness of our ads and analyze patterns.
- How We Share and Disclose Information
We know how important it is to keep your information confidential. We will not rent, sell or share your Personal Information with third parties except as specifically approved by you at the time of disclosure or under the circumstances described below.
- We share certain information about Users to enable the scheduling and provision of Service
- We share customers’ first name, rating, and pickup and/or drop-off locations with drivers.
- For drivers, we may share data with the customer(s), including name and photo; vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location (before and during trip); average rating provided by users; total number of trips; length of use of the Wingmen app; contact information (depending upon applicable laws); and driver or delivery person profile, including compliments and other feedback submitted by past users.
- We also provide customers with receipts containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, driver first name, photo, route map, and such other information required on invoices in the country or region where the driver operates.
- Information provided on any Wingmen online forum or message board may be viewed by any User who has access the forum or board.
- Third-Party Service Providers
- Payment processors and facilitators;
- Background check and identity verification providers (drivers, and cash customers only);
- Cloud storage providers;
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services;
- Data analytics providers;
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Wingmen or on Wingmen’s behalf;
- Vendors that assist Wingmen to enhance the safety and security of its apps;
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers; and
- Insurance and financing partners
- Compliance with Laws, Law Enforcement and Safety
We may disclose information we have collected about you if required to do so by law or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), or to protect or defend Wingmen or a third party’s, rights or property. We may also reserve the right to disclose information we’ve collected about you for purposes of protecting the health and safety of our Users, such as in the case of risk of harm or violence against any person.
- Anonymous information
Aggregated Anonymous Information is the combination of your Anonymous Information with the Anonymous Information of other Users (“Aggregated Anonymous Information”). Aggregated Anonymous Information does not allow you to be identified or contacted. We may share such Aggregated Anonymous Information with third parties, and, depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for such information, or limit the third parties’ use of the same.
- Business transactions
- Your Choices
- Updating Your Personal Information
You may revise your Personal Information by adjusting your account settings on the App/Website or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that we may be required to maintain certain Personal Information, or to maintain certain Personal Information for a period of time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request if possible, only after we have fulfilled such requirements. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from our active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud detection or similar purposes. Note that if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot compel the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
You must be 18 years of age to become a User. The Website, App and Service are not directed at or intended for anyone under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from individuals under 18 years of age and no one under age 18 may provide any Personal Information to Wingmen. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a User is under 18 years of age, we will take steps to remove that individual’s Personal Information from our systems and delete the account. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at email@example.com so that we may delete and remove such information from our systems.
- Security and Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. Your consent to such purpose remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
- Third Party Websites
We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment. Such information may be stored by a third-party provider. You are responsible for reviewing any and all third-party’s privacy policies.
- Ad Networks and Third Party Cookies
- Contact Us